Code Violation/Compliance Inspections in Lehigh Valley
One of the things that most homeowners are unaware of are the code violations that occur in the wiring in their home. As a result the state of Pennsylvania can fine you for breaking the codes and force you to update your home's electrical system. We can help you avoid these potential issues with a home inspection of all of your wiring. We can assess every component of you home's electrical system which includes all wiring, outlets, cables outside of your home, all main and sub-panels and the circuit box. We can pinpoint exactly what needs to be done to your home in order to bring it up to code and help you avoid penalties.
Safety For Your Home
It's important to understand that updating the codes to your home is important for the protection of your home and the safety of your family. There are several factors involved here. The main factor is old wiring in an old home. As a home gets worn out so does the wiring. Although the wiring in many old homes will continue to function, it does so in poor condition. This can waste energy or, worse, cause disaster such as fire. Another factor is today's modern appliances and devices, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washers and dryers, computer equipment, televisions and stereo equipment that require far more energy. These items are generally operating at the same time and demanding more energy from old wiring that is not capable of providing it. Although most homes that are built after the 1960's are still capable of providing that much power, it's a good idea to have your home inspected if it's more than 30 years old and you've never had an inspection.
Warning Signs That You Need New Wiring
If the electrical system in your home starts to exhibit some of the following symptoms then call a Lehigh Valley Electric technician right away.
- Faulty Circuit Breaker - Is it tripping more than it should?
- Dimming Lights - Dimming or flickering lights is a sure sign that your wiring can't handle demands of all the items in your home. This generally happens when heavy equipment such as your air conditioner turns on.
- Burning Odor - If it smells like an electrical fire in your home, try to identify the area quickly and then call an electrician right away.
- Noise - Do you hear a humming anywhere in your home? It is probably an electrical outlet. This is a sign of a loose wiring connection somewhere in the box.
- Heat - Do you feel heat near an outlet, light switch area of your wall where there is wiring or even near the panel or circuit box?
Full Electrical Repair Available
It is a good idea to have your system inspected by a Pennsylvania-licensed professional who can identify all the potential issues in your home. Only a licensed Allentown electrician can perform the necessary repairs or system replacement that is essential for the safety of your home. Anything less is a gamble. Call Lehigh Valley Electric today for an in-home visit. We provide fast, dependable and affordable inspections and repairs. Our #1 goal is to protect your home and keep your family safe.